Hastings Park Beliefs
- We believe the Bible to be the divinely inspired and authoritative Word of God, inerrant in its original documents. As such, it is absolutely supreme and all sufficient in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless human life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal, visible and bodily return in power and glory.
- We believe in the present-day ministry of the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and the Son to convict the world of sin, to regenerate, seal, sanctify, fill, empower and equip with spiritual gifts those who believe in Jesus Christ, enabling them to live a Christ-like life. Hastings Park Bible Church is a non-charasmatic church.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. Salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ alone. On the basis of this faith all will be judged by God at the Resurrection. There will be a bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. The Church universal is not an organization but a living organism comprised of all true believers in Jesus Christ. The local church is the expression in a particualr locality of the Church universal. It gathers by the leading of the Holy Spirit as a corporate testimony to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and to the oneness of the Body of Christ.